Individual Research Contributions to Group Project (Atom XYZ Headset)

Updated on 28/02/2025:
  • Wrote the team minutes on Google Docs. 
  • Researched on the Atom XYZ headset via ChatGPT and Google. Tried to find if there was any consumer reviews online so that we can identify a potential problem but to no avail.
  • I then realised that one problem that users might experience is motion sickness due to the change in the depth of field from the VR headsets. I then used ChatGPT to find academic literature to support my hypothesis. 
  • Once it was verified, I proposed it to the group a potential problem statement. I then wrote the ideal and goal, problem statement and report title and finalized it with the team.
  • Created our approach to writing the Technical Report with the team.
  • Created a google doc so that everyone can collaborate on it.
Updated on 07/03/2025:
  • Found out that the company which made the MotionCure, our solution, had went out of business. After discussing with the team and presenting an alternative, we found a resolution and proceeded with the report.
  • Conducted secondary research on how cyber sickness affects VR users.
  • Continued work on the evaluation and benefits of the report.

Updated on 11/03/2025:
  • Created the Google slides
  • Updated the slides with pictures and prepared a script. We then discussed on our slides, providing constructive feedback, to ensure that the slides and overall presentation will be smooth. 
  • Practiced with the team and provided constructive feedback.

Updated on 03/04/2025:
  • During consultation with Prof via Zoom, I inserted comments into the report with the feedback that was provided.
  • Updated the changes in the report, provided caption for figure 1. 
  • Proof-read the report and ensure that it was improved before letting the team know that it was ready to be submitted.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A formal self-introduction

Assignment 3: Critical Reflection